At REDICO, we are a trusted commercial real estate, development, investment, construction and property management leader. Our success is powered by an innovative, ambitious approach to diversification, coupled with a long-standing foundation of experience, stability, and respect. Each day, our team’s mission is to communicate, execute, and focus our teamwork in pursuit of our goal: To create and maximize real estate value for our company, our partners, our investors, our customers, and the community. We are seeking a motivated and energetic Investment Analyst to join our team at our HQ in Southfield, MI.
Primary Responsibilities for Investment Analyst:
The Investment Analyst will be part of the Investment Team with a primary focus on acquisitions, asset management, financing, and disposition activities. This individual will have a primary focus on commercial office, industrial and retail investments in the Mid-West region and will be located at REDICO’s headquarters in Southfield, Michigan. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist the investment team in asset-level business / strategic planning, leasing / marketing initiatives, budgeting, hold / sell analyses, property valuations, and financing / refinancing efforts.
- Work with the investment team to analyze and underwrite potential real estate acquisitions by:
1) Producing detailed pro forma cash flow and investment return models using ARGUS and Microsoft Excel;
2) Researching markets and submarkets;
3) Analyzing both macro and micro trends as it relates to specific asset classes; and
4) Generating associated quantitative and qualitative analyses. Work with the investment team on the due diligence and closing processes.
- Support the investment team during the disposition process. Prepare investment memoranda and supporting materials for investment committee review.
- Responsible for maintaining acquisition, disposition and on-going property operation information in target markets.
- Travel may be required, as needed. Participate in special projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Investment Analyst:
- Track record of high academic achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, real estate finance, or related disciplines required. MBA or Master’s degree in real estate is preferred.
- 2-4 years of previous experience in real estate principal investing, asset management, financing, development and/or investment banking.
- Must be proficient and have demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of ARGUS is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a combination of strong written / verbal communication skills and a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and have the willingness to take on additional responsibility.
At REDICO, we strive to create an environment where our employees are proud, highly satisfied and committed members of the REDICO team. We are a ten-time winner of Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For competition. We offer an exciting place to work and great employee perks, plus market competitive compensation and benefits.
REDICO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.