At REDICO, we are a trusted real estate, development, investment, construction and property management leader. Our success is powered by an innovative, ambitious approach to diversification, coupled with a long-standing foundation of experience, stability, and respect. Each day, our team’s mission is to communicate, execute, and focus our teamwork in pursuit of our goal: To create and maximize real estate value for our company, our partners, our investors, our customers and the community. We are seeking a motivated and energetic Investment Analyst to join our team at our HQ in Southfield, MI.
Primary Responsibilities for Investment Analyst:
The Investment Analyst will be part of the Investment Team with a primary focus on evaluating acquisitions, developments and performing market research. This individual will focus on senior housing and multifamily investment classes in specifically targeted markets and will be located at REDICO’s headquarters in Southfield, Michigan. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with the investment team to analyze and underwrite potential real estate acquisitions and developments by:
1) Producing detailed pro forma cash flow and investment return models using Microsoft Excel
2) Researching markets and submarkets
3) Analyzing both macro and micro trends as it relates to specific asset classes
4) Generating associated quantitative and qualitative analyses. Work with the investment team on the due diligence and closing processes. Lead and coordinate work with the senior housing operations team during the underwriting and due diligence process.
- Assist the investment team in asset-level business / strategic planning, hold / sell analyses, property valuations and financing / refinancing efforts.
- Support the investment team during the acquisition process. Prepare investment memoranda and supporting materials for investment committee review. Review purchase agreements, loan agreements, lease agreements, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining acquisition, disposition and on-going property operation information in target markets.
- Travel may be required, as needed. Participate in special projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Investment Analyst:
- Track record of high academic achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, real estate finance, or related disciplines required.
- 2-4 years of previous experience in a high volume environment with a background in real estate principal investing, asset management, financing, development and/or investment banking.
- Must be proficient and have demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ideal candidate will have a combination of strong written / verbal communication skills and a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and have the willingness to take on additional responsibility.