At REDICO, we are a trusted real estate, development, investment, construction and property management leader. Our success is powered by an innovative, ambitious approach to diversification, coupled with a long-standing foundation of experience, stability, and respect. Each day, our team’s mission is to communicate, execute, and focus our teamwork in pursuit of our goal: To create and maximize real estate value for our company, our partners, our investors, our customers and the community. We are seeking a motivated and energetic Investment Analyst to join our team at our HQ in Southfield, MI.
Primary Responsibilities for Investment Analyst:
The Investment Analyst will be part of the Investment Team with a primary focus on evaluating acquisitions, developments and performing market research. This individual will focus on senior housing and multifamily investment classes in specifically targeted markets and will be located at REDICO’s headquarters in Southfield, Michigan. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with the investment team to analyze and underwrite potential real estate acquisitions and developments by:
1) Producing detailed pro forma cash flow and investment return models using Microsoft Excel
2) Researching markets and submarkets
3) Analyzing both macro and micro trends as it relates to specific asset classes
4) Generating associated quantitative and qualitative analyses. Work with the investment team on the due diligence and closing processes. Lead and coordinate work with the senior housing operations team during the underwriting and due diligence process.
- Assist the investment team in asset-level business / strategic planning, hold / sell analyses, property valuations and financing / refinancing efforts.
- Support the investment team during the acquisition process. Prepare investment memoranda and supporting materials for investment committee review. Review purchase agreements, loan agreements, lease agreements, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining acquisition, disposition and on-going property operation information in target markets.
- Travel may be required, as needed. Participate in special projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Investment Analyst:
- Track record of high academic achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, real estate finance, or related disciplines required.
- 2-4 years of previous experience in a high volume environment with a background in real estate principal investing, asset management, financing, development and/or investment banking.
- Must be proficient and have demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ideal candidate will have a combination of strong written / verbal communication skills and a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and have the willingness to take on additional responsibility.
Senior Interior Designer
Reporting to the SVP, the role consults, collaborates, and assist the REDICO/American House team with planning, design, scheduling, budgeting, and management of the interiors for various construction projects including, but not limited to, ground up development, building renovations, common area capital expenditures, and repair and maintenance of existing properties for the American House Senior Living Portfolio. This position will ensure consistent elements of a cohesive design strategy are incorporated across all projects while also allowing each project to reflect character elements unique to their local market. The role will focus on elevating design innovation and determining best practices to establish design standards for senior living interiors across our portfolio.
- Assist in supporting a corporate brand strategy specific to design, utilizing sustainability, creativity and innovation as a basis for all projects
- Establish internal protocols for design processes and approvals
- Assist the team in managing projects within established design budgets
- Directly oversee and manage all elements of select projects
- Design of common area elements for both multi family and commercial real estate, including: high rise office, medical, research and development and retail common elements.
- Create budget parameters for smaller-scale/in-house projects and/or assist the team to negotiate and oversee budgets with vendors for all other projects
- Source outside design firms that best fit each project's specific vision, should the project be large enough to warrant outside firms
- Assist the team and lead design consultants from conceptualization thru completion of projects
- Coordinate and communicate the Company's brand / vision to design consultants during design reviews and process, should a project warrant an outside firm
- Preparation of all documents and contracts for design and construction projects and related professional services
- Assist in evaluating contactor bids and make recommendations for awarding contracts
- In conjunction with the team, coordinate and oversee design consultant’s scope during construction phase, if project is large enough to warrant an outside firm
- As needed, review contractor’s work for quality control including but not limited to the following:
- Shop drawings
- Sample submittals
- Mock ups
- Research and develop exhibit/drawings to convey design intent to consultants and contractors
- Collaborate with other departments (Development, Investments, Leasing, Marketing, etc.) to ensure programming needs are met in final product
- Aid facilities department in change order review and close-out exercises
- Provide FFE selections and options for project teams to review
- Coordinate with and provide direction to art and accessories consultants
- Work with marketing in stylizing photo shoots, leasing showrooms, etc.
- Procure FF&E as required including warehousing as needed
- Execute on install of projects as needed
- Interact with investment partners to convey design vision as needed
- Create standards where applicable to standardize American House brand
- Execute on design direction for facility capital plans
- Create universal signage plans for communities as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of design or architecture
- 10+ years of diverse interiors experience, including at least 5 years experience in a leadership role
- Experience leading design teams through all phases of the design process
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management, contract development and cost estimating
- Strong understanding of FF&E and space planning
- Comprehensive and extensive knowledge of building materials, construction details, building code, ADA, and other industry standards
- Understanding of City submittal and approval processes
- Knowledgeable about sustainability and LEED guidelines
- Strong leadership, communication, and relationship management skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal departments and drive design vision, decisions and goals
- Proficient in computer aided design programs (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Excellent graphic presentation skills