Provide financial and administrative support for the Accounting team in a fast-paced environment with a client service focus. This role includes processing a high volume of invoices, monitoring aged invoices, and performing other accounting and administrative tasks within the Accounts Payable Department.
Ensure invoices batch daily from electronic invoice approval system into accounting software.
Process vendor invoices using an electronic invoice approval system.
Ensure timely and accurate payment processing in accordance with weekly schedule.
Update Accounts Payable daily for wire and auto-debit payment information.
Generate reports from multiple software programs at various times throughout the month.
Process tenant credit card payments as requested by the communities.
Process entertainer reimbursements on a monthly basis.
Review vendors' monthly statements; check for accuracy; ensure all invoices/credits have been received.
Maintain vendor records, including W-9 and current insurance certificates.
Maintain a 24 hour response time to inquiries from internal team and external vendors.
Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
Prepare 1099 and 1096 annual reporting.
Adjust monthly recurring invoice amounts.
Perform month end close by reviewing reports for accuracy prior to posting to the general ledger.
Perform other related duties as needed to assist the Accounting team in providing excellent customer support for investors, management, and other areas within the organization.
Associate Degree in accounting or relevant experience of five years or greater in related role strongly preferred.
In addition to the above the candidate is required to:
- Be Deadline/Goal Oriented.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Take initiative.
- Work independently while achieving team goals.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Be detail oriented.
- Apply sound business judgment.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment.
- MS Office software required. Yardi and Nexus software a plus.
Payroll Manager Position Summary:
The role of the Payroll Manager is mission-critical to our Enterprise. As a results-focused, innovative and trusted adviser, the Payroll Manager’s responsible for providing strategic leadership for all enterprise payroll operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance through the research, development and administration of efficient payroll policies and operating procedures. To be frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Payroll Manager:
- Minimum 7 years of payroll processing experience; at least 2 years’ experience managing payroll for companies with headcount 2,000+ (Multi-state payroll required).
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage effectively numerous concurrent projects and tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the field's concepts and principles.
- Proven continuous improvement and problem solving skill set.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and conflict resolution skills; ability to communicate effectively with business leaders and employees in their own terms providing the basis for influence and insight.
- Hands-on experience with different Payroll, Time and Attendance, Human Resources Information Systems, and Payroll Service Providers preferred
- Diverse HR experience (payroll, operations, benefits, time and attendance, etc.) preferred
- Exceptional business acumen; understands industry trends, business metrics and how department goals integrate with company objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships, listen to customers and develop practical, supportable, and efficient solutions to meet customer needs
- Must be intellectually curious, self-motivated and results-driven with the proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- A self-starter, who will take the initiative to lead and drive Payroll without constant direction
- Experience with change and project management.
- Detail oriented and organized in their work.
- Able to integrate company acquisitions in the payroll system.
- Process improvement focused; looks for ways to improve efficiency and save money.
- Able to communicate effectively with a sense of urgency.
Primary Responsibilities for Payroll Manager:
- Own and manage the payroll function for the Enterprise consisting of 3 separate organizations; Redico, American House and Continuum Services.
- Manages a team of payroll clerks or analysts that input payroll data and prepare payroll checks.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of regular payroll in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all reporting and filing requirements such as reporting on payroll taxes, deductions, summaries of earnings, paid leaves, nontaxable wages, and periodically providing relevant payroll reports to management.
- Ensure data accuracy and process integrity with maintaining employee records, including all deductions, exemptions, pay rate changes, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) classifications, and extra payments such as bonuses and commissions.
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Anticipate, assess, and quickly manage/resolve issues and risks independently; address root causes and recommend mitigation plans to build business resilience.
- Proactively identify, drive, and scale improvements in payroll processes through systems automation and process/policy improvements to increase quality and to improve employee experience.
- Provide expert advice and execution to achieve business goals related to payroll.
- Drive change management and successful adoption of all payroll changes.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders (such as HR team, Accounting/Finance, IT, business functions, and external service providers).
- Actively support the selection and implementation of new enterprise-wide HRIS platform and future enhancement (when applicable).
The Fisher Building, Detroit
Overall, the Property Manager is responsible for all facets of the property(s) in his/her portfolio and s/he has a responsibility to ensure the property is managed according to REDICO’s established procedures. All staff who report to the Property Manager must follow all established guidelines, procedures, and budgets as well. The Property Manager should also have a general knowledge of all building operating systems.
- Maintain and develop written standard operating procedures for building operations.
- Ensure that mechanical/electrical system maintenance is being performed
- Life Safety issues including proper training of building staff and a written record of all testing and alarm activations.
- Follow Risk Management guidelines as defined by REDICO.
- Ensure that tenant services are provided according to all lease documents
- Oversee all contracts/vendors (including proper documentation).
- Implement energy management program and monitor utility usage.
- Supervise, train and motivate building staff.
- Interface with internal and external brokerage agent.
- Work with the Senior PM and Director of Operations to establish tenant relations and retention programs that are well planned and measurable.
- Build and foster tenant relationships through frequent, in-person interactions.
- Assist Senior PM in resolving issues with existing tenants.
Tenant & Construction Process
- Coordinate with the project manager all construction work and its impact on the property.
- Assist in the review with the building team all construction documents and specifications.
- Attend or designate an attendee to all construction meetings.
- Monitor construction project progress including project close-out, finish dates, move-in dates, budget close-out.
- Maintain summary file to include, bids, permit, Certificate of Occupancy, correspondence.
- Maintain a full set of as-built building drawings and specifications.
- Set-up and close-out Job Cost process.
Building Management Office Procedures
- Ensure efficient, courteous and professional day-to-day operation of the management office which includes:
- Authorization processes
- Correspondence and filing systems
- Purchase of goods and services
- General office operating procedures
- Service/Maintenance requests
- Specifications and bidding process
- Tenant servicing/relations
- Responsible for all aspects of the financial stability of the property including maintaining budgets, yields, and the following:
- Budget-to-actual reports
- Review of recurring charges/miscellaneous billings/AP approval
- Review of rent roll for accuracy
- Interaction with accounting
- Quarterly Reforecast
- Budget preparation
- Capital Planning and oversight of building improvements
- Job-cost system organization
- Bachelor’s degree – minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Four to eight years’ experience in commercial real estate.
- RPA or CPM designations a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Property Management/Accounting Software (preferably MRI), Excel and other Windows applications.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Excellent client service orientation.
- Exceptional organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and results driven environment.