The Fisher Building, Detroit
Overall, the Property Manager is responsible for all facets of the property(s) in his/her portfolio and s/he has a responsibility to ensure the property is managed according to REDICO’s established procedures. All staff who report to the Property Manager must follow all established guidelines, procedures, and budgets as well. The Property Manager should also have a general knowledge of all building operating systems.
- Maintain and develop written standard operating procedures for building operations.
- Ensure that mechanical/electrical system maintenance is being performed
- Life Safety issues including proper training of building staff and a written record of all testing and alarm activations.
- Follow Risk Management guidelines as defined by REDICO.
- Ensure that tenant services are provided according to all lease documents
- Oversee all contracts/vendors (including proper documentation).
- Implement energy management program and monitor utility usage.
- Supervise, train and motivate building staff.
- Interface with internal and external brokerage agent.
- Work with the Senior PM and Director of Operations to establish tenant relations and retention programs that are well planned and measurable.
- Build and foster tenant relationships through frequent, in-person interactions.
- Assist Senior PM in resolving issues with existing tenants.
Tenant & Construction Process
- Coordinate with the project manager all construction work and its impact on the property.
- Assist in the review with the building team all construction documents and specifications.
- Attend or designate an attendee to all construction meetings.
- Monitor construction project progress including project close-out, finish dates, move-in dates, budget close-out.
- Maintain summary file to include, bids, permit, Certificate of Occupancy, correspondence.
- Maintain a full set of as-built building drawings and specifications.
- Set-up and close-out Job Cost process.
Building Management Office Procedures
- Ensure efficient, courteous and professional day-to-day operation of the management office which includes:
- Authorization processes
- Correspondence and filing systems
- Purchase of goods and services
- General office operating procedures
- Service/Maintenance requests
- Specifications and bidding process
- Tenant servicing/relations
- Responsible for all aspects of the financial stability of the property including maintaining budgets, yields, and the following:
- Budget-to-actual reports
- Review of recurring charges/miscellaneous billings/AP approval
- Review of rent roll for accuracy
- Interaction with accounting
- Quarterly Reforecast
- Budget preparation
- Capital Planning and oversight of building improvements
- Job-cost system organization
- Bachelor’s degree – minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Four to eight years’ experience in commercial real estate.
- RPA or CPM designations a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Property Management/Accounting Software (preferably MRI), Excel and other Windows applications.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Excellent client service orientation.
- Exceptional organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and results driven environment.