Accounting Analyst Position Summary
The Accounting Analyst provides financial and administrative support for the Accounting team in a fast-paced environment with a client service focus. This role includes processing a high volume of invoices, monitoring aged invoices, and performing other accounting and administrative tasks within the Accounts Payable Department.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Accounting Analyst:
- Completed or currently pursuing Associate’s degree in Accounting.
- 4 years of previous Accounts Payable experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Office software required, particularly Excel. Nexus software a plus.
- In addition to the above the candidate is required to:
- Be Deadline/Goal Oriented.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Take initiative.
- Work independently while achieving team goals.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Be detail oriented.
- Apply sound business judgment.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Responsibilities for Accounting Analyst:
- Batch invoices daily from electronic invoice approval system into accounting software.
- Process vendor invoices using an electronic invoice approval system.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment processing in accordance with weekly schedule.
- Update Accounts Payable daily for wire and auto-debit payment information.
- Process and reconcile credit card statements with receipts.
- Generate reports from multiple software programs at various times throughout the month.
- Process tenant refunds as requested by the communities.
- Process tenant credit card payments as requested by the communities.
- Review vendors' monthly statements; check for accuracy; ensure all invoices/credits have been received.
- Maintain vendor records, including W-9 and current insurance certificates.
- Maintain a 24-hour response time to inquiries from internal team and external vendors.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare 1099 and 1096 annual reporting.
- Adjust monthly recurring invoice amounts.
- Perform month end close by reviewing reports for accuracy prior to posting to the general ledger.
- Perform other related duties as needed to assist the Accounting team in providing excellent customer support for investors, management, and other areas within the organization.